Increase your chances of getting an interview and let dental clinics contact you.
Deposit your CV for free in less than 5 minutes in the candidate bank.
The average salary for Dental Hygienist jobs, Canada is $57,525 per year or $29.50 per hour.
The average salary ranges from $48,750 for entry-level positions to $74,246 for more experienced workers.
Estimated hourly wage in Quebec (2017-2019)
Minimum $22.00 Median $30.00 Maximum $36.38
Dental Hygienist Employment Outlook (2019-2023): Good
Source: Neuvoo.ca and Emploi-Québec
Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec
Nature of work
Dental hygienists provide dental hygiene treatment and information related to the prevention of diseases and conditions of the teeth and mouth. They are employed in dental offices, hospitals, clinics, educational institutions, government agencies and in private industry. Dental therapists perform limited functions in the field of dentistry for the prevention or treatment of diseases and disorders of the teeth and mouth. They work for the federal and provincial governments and provide services in rural and remote areas.
Dental hygienists and dental therapists perform some or all of the following functions:
– examine clients’ teeth and consult with the dentist about their care;
– take impressions of the teeth;
Duration: 3 years
Conditions of access to the profession
* A one to three year college program, or other dental hygiene program recognized by the regulatory authority in the province or territory of residence, is required for dental hygienists.
* Successful completion of a two- to three-year college program, or equivalent competencies from a recognized dental institution, or successful completion of the dental therapy program offered by the First Nations University of Canada (FNUC) in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, is required for dental therapists.
* Dental hygienists are required to be licensed by the regulatory body.
* Dental therapists in Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut require licensure.
* Precision of Emploi-Québec: The profession of dental therapist is not recognized in Quebec.
* Precision of Emploi-Québec: For an exhaustive list of oral acts that a dental hygienist can perform in Québec, refer to the Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec.
** Vous êtes sur un appareil mobile, veuillez mettre la vidéo en plein écran pour mieux voir **