Increase your chances of getting an interview and let dental clinics contact you.
Deposit your CV for free in less than 5 minutes in the candidate bank.
The average salary for Dental Assistant jobs in Canada is $34,213 per year or $18 per hour. This is similar to the median wage in the country. Entry level positions start at $24,000 while more experienced employees earn up to $48,000. These results are based on 58 salaries taken from job offers and Emploi-Québec.
Estimated hourly wage in Quebec (2017-2019)
Minimum $15.00 Median $20.00 Maximum $26.40
Dental assistants (NOC 3411) usually earn between $15.00/hour and $26.40/hour in Quebec. Persons working as « dental assistants » are included in this group.
Dental assistant job opportunity (2019-2023): Limited
Source: Neuvoo.ca & Emploi Québec & Guichet Emploi
The Canadian Dental Assistants’ Association (CADA)
Nature of work
Dental assistants assist the dentist, dental hygienist and dental therapist during patient examinations and treatment and perform clerical duties. Dental assistants are employed in dental offices, community health centres, clinics and educational institutions.
Dental assistants perform some or all of the following functions:
– prepare patients for dental examinations by the dentist and assist during the examinations;
– sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment;
– prepare the instruments and the mixture necessary for the fillings;
Duration: 1,500 hours
Conditions of access to the profession
* Successful completion of a college or other 8-month to 1-year dental assisting program or a high school diploma and on-the-job training are required.
* Certification is required to perform intra-oral tasks in all provinces. In Quebec, dental assistants do not perform any intra-oral tasks.
** Vous êtes sur un appareil mobile, veuillez mettre la vidéo en plein écran pour mieux voir **